Leidos seeking for experienced, motivated and talented System RF Design Engineer, a key team contributor to our ongoing Security, Detection and Automation Division’s advanced security systems development through RF and Microwave circuit design and development. It requires the implementation of custom RF microwave circuits and components and the integration of them through a combination of existing elements and circuit design creativity into custom Integrated Microwave Modules. The successful candidate will analyze and define high level system requirements and perform the design, simulation, prototyping, fabrication, integration and testing of advanced active and passive RF and microwave systems and components while delivering timely product designs, and adhering to pre-determined costs objectives throughout the duration of various programs. This position combines the excitement of developing custom solutions for products as a key technical team contributor, while participating in a small multi-disciplinary team working together on a variety of challenging project items.
Responsibilities will include
- Work with the multidisciplinary design teams throughout the development and new product introduction cycle from concept, design, and development to prototype, test verification, and documentation to create and evaluate RF and Microwave circuits, system architectures, sub-assemblies and multi-function modules. Typical modules may include MMIC’s, active components, custom filters, coupling structures, combiners, dividers, and other elements in the 10KHz to 80GHz frequency range. Some functional competence and understanding will be required of digital interface, communications and control techniques for a complete design comprehension and perspective of these Integrated Microwave Modules.
- Develop and validate electromagnetic and circuit performance for custom circuit components, and vendor designed MMIC devices including Antenna’s, Antenna Arrays, mechanical structures and interconnects. Perform analytical cascade analysis, trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component and subsystem performance. Optimize design and performance margins for established design requirements using circuit simulations and bench testing.
- Assist Management and team members to clarify design specifications and resolve system and module design issues. Support all development phases through system level integration and production to assure total customer solutions. Assist the manufacturing team by troubleshooting products to assure that products are performing to design specifications.
- Participate in Design Engineering project status meetings, prepare written reports, analysis, and design review material in accordance with established development processes and procedures.
- Minimum BSEE and 20 years or MSEE and 15 years of successful design work.
- Experienced application of microwave circuit theory and technology for the design of RF components and subsystems, component selection, circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Experience in architecture, design and simulation of RADAR/Beam-former system/subsystems is required. Preferably for mm-wave frequencies.
- Ability to simulate and predict RF system performance through system cascade analysis modeling, and link budget calculations. Model, create and disseminate libraries of subsystems, and components using strong computer skills for modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing using tools such as ADS, AWR Microwave Office, CST, HFSS, EM pro and others.
- Competent hands-on RF hardware build, integration, test, and debug experience of RF circuits sub-systems and assemblies using measurement equipment such as, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes etc.
- Good functional understanding of the digital control and communications as applied to Integrated Microwave Assemblies. Experience interfacing with MMIC’s and RF Devices with FPGA’s, CPLD’s and other digital devices.
- Application of good writing skills in the preparation of appropriate specifications, engineering analyses reports, and technical documents using MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Project/Visio, etc.
- Ability to Communicate and work effectively with internal design teams and external contract manufacturers.
- Ability to work independently in an engineering results oriented development environment.
- Good engineering analysis, problem solving, judgment, analytical capability, and follow-up.
- Ability to define and manage tradeoffs between cost, performance and other design parameters.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team other departments.
- Working knowledge EMC testing for FCC certification.
- Motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality & timely results
- Ability to multitask, communicate and work independently and within a team environment
- Familiarity with Solidworks, and/ or AutoCad.
- Familiarity working with Standard Commercial Documentation and Standards
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.