Work at customer site to analyze, design, develop, deliver and evaluate instructional materials. Implement and maintain documentation in accordance with customer process. Manage project flow and guide customers through the design process. Participate in curriculum review boards.
- Determine the learning need, the appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory.
- Identify customer requirements, current gaps in performance and potential sources of information from which to obtain data and develop a data collection strategy and schedule.
- Document needs assessment findings and make recommendations.
- Identify design concepts that will satisfy the learning need, demonstrate an advanced understanding of instructional design models and learning theory, be technically sound, and consider possible constraints such as resources and capabilities given the environment.
- Analyze each approved design concept to determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and sequence of events required to create the learning experience.
- Design, develop, and deliver instructional materials for instructor and student use in approved formats including face-to-face, online and blended.
- Participate in curriculum review.
- Implement and maintain documentation in accordance with customer process.
- Archive documentation in accordance with customer policies.
- Design evaluation criteria, develop evaluation tools, and participate in formative evaluation events.
- Collaborate with Web developers, ISDs, and various levels of government personnel including instructors and SMEs.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related ISD experience in instructional design, instructional technology, experiential adult learning, and/or relevant field.
- Knowledge of current learning and development models, research, and theories to address learning problems and solutions.
Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience in instructional design, instructional technology, experiential adult learning, and/or relevant field. Familiarity with Kirkpatrick’s Four Levels of Evaluation Model.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.