The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- The Desktop Support Technician will answer calls, emails, and service tickets providing Level I or Level II troubleshooting and support.
- Must have hardware, software, and network troubleshooting skills.
- Be able to identify customer needs and provide the steps and/or direction necessary to resolve problem(s) in a changing Information Technology environment.
- Must follow company and/or customer procedures as needed or where provided and maintain best security or business practices.
- Provide knowledgeable IT Hardware, Software, and Networking Support.
- Time to Answer within Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Call Handling Time within SLA
- First Call Resolution within SLA
- Professionalism / Knowledge
- Adherence to Procedures
- Follow up on open calls/service tickets daily
- Provide excellent customer service
- Accurately code and update call information in ticket system(s)
- Complete administrative tasks as needed within timeline given
- Work constructively within a team environment
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Current possess a current Security+ CE Certification.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and IT concepts.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.