The Leidos Corporation is seeking an Office 365 administrator for the NEST program. NEST is an IT Services program supporting customers within NASA. The program provides a range of managed IT services, including Exchange/Office 365 engineering and support, Service Desk, desk side support, Windows, Mac and Linux workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer looking to work on a large complex program serving over 60,000 users – in the US and internationally.
The Office 365 administrator is responsible supporting and enhancing the NASA Office 365 environment.
This will include Microsoft Exchange. Teams and SharePoint and how those technologies can integrate with other solutions such as Cisco WebEx, Jabber, ServiceNow, etc.
The individual will be a member of the NEST Office 365 team and will work with teammates, the NASA customers and other NASA contractors to support the Office 365 environment.
The individual selected for this position should have a technical background in the key Office 365 technologies – Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.
The candidate should have the ability to multitask and juggle several priorities.
The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences - end users and management - both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for success in this position.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the helping support and administer the Office 365 environment for NASA. This may include support for an on-premises Exchange environment.
- The Office 365 architect will work the customer contacts and other contractors to help support technology introduction.
- The candidate will be responsible for working with team members to introduce new Office 365 features and address customer issues.
- The location for the opportunity would be Huntsville, AL, but a virtual position could be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience as an IT systems engineer.
- Experience in delivering and operating IT solutions in a large enterprises.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office 365 experience in Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, etc.
- Project management experience.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading teams delivering some of the following technologies:
- Design of various solutions: Software solutions: web-based, database (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL) focused; Infrastructure for desktops and server support
- Managed services solutions (e.g., Help Desk, Desktop Management, Data Center management, etc.)
- Windows operating system (e.g. Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019)
- Exchange 2016 and Office 365 administration experience.
- IT infrastructure components such as Active Directory
- ITSM systems (such as ServiceNow or Remedy) and integrations with key infrastructure components
- Software Development utilizing Agile
- Cloud-based Architectures (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Past experience with the NASA, Department of Justice, Department of Defense, etc.
- ITIL Foundations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience OR equivalent years of experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.