- Support the Air Force Noise and Air Installations and Compatible Use Zones (AICUZ) Programs at the Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) in San Antonio, TX. To include analysis and research on the Noise and AICUZ program issues, trends, and technologies.
Duties include the following:
- Utilize noise modeling software to analyze military operations noise effects and impacts
- Provide review/research on Noise and AICUZ program issues, trends, and technologies
- Contribute to programs Air Force Instructions (AFIs) and associated supplemental policy and guidance
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, and events (in-person and virtual) in support of Air Force Mission Sustainment
- Analyze data to show current and historical trends and prepare briefs for senior leadership
- Collaborate with staffs and agencies across various government and non-government offices to support Air Force leadership’s strategy and goals
- Assist with organizing the Noise and AICUZ programs
- Provide reach-back support to installation community planers and community initiative teams
- Create and implement risk assessment tools to identify and analyze the potential for adverse impacts and incompatible development at USAF installations and operating areas
- Review and verify contracted Noise and AICUZ studies
- Provide detailed updates to leadership and stakeholders by participating in meetings and coordinating, developing, and presenting associated materials (e.g. slides, after action reports, minutes)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.