The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has an opening for an Mechanical/Production Engineer in Manassas, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support the design, development, and fielding of innovative solutions for airborne ISR aircraft.
The Mechanical/Production Engineer will provide liaison support between mechanical designers/engineers and production personnel while serving as a resource to the integrated team of aviation professionals.
- Interface between manufacturing shops and engineering
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documentation for manufacturability
- Develop and establish manufacturing processes to improve efficiencies and accountability
- QC manufactured deliverables
- Support engineering in developing new designs and repairs
- Support TRB and CCB meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems and CAD packages
- Working knowledge of FAA FARs
- Experience and solid foundation of configuration management (CM) practices
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- Knowledgeable on aircraft structures
- Active Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.