The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has an opening for an Aerospace Mechanical Engineer in Manassas, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to design, develop, and field innovative solutions for airborne ISR aircraft. The Mechanical Engineer, reporting to the Chief Engineer of Aviation Programs, develops mechanical solutions to adapt various mission systems and associated components on aircraft and serves as a resource to the integrated team of aviation professionals.
- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using an established configuration management process.
- Document design requirements and decisions using certified AS9100D processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance and efficiency.
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software. Possible programs may include SolidWorks, Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, Creo, Pro/E, etc.
- Experience designing structural components and/or sheet metal products.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, standing, and lifting weights.
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills for collaborating with others, communicating with your supervisor and speaking with customers or clients.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Certified SolidWorks Professional
- Experience using Rhinoceros 5 or other surface based modeling software
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management processes
- Experience designing for DoD customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures.
- Experience using a PDM/Vault system.
- Experience in a design/production environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Excellent conceptual visualization skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.