Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, and 401K
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
Leidos is hiring a Project Manager on the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
The program is expanding and is adding support for the Criminal Division (CRM). This position provides dedicated project management support to the CRM customer. The person selected for this position will help to lead a team performing custom Oracle application development, custom web development and SharePoint development and administration for the CRM customer.
This position is based onsite with the customer at one of the primary CRM locations in Washington DC, and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements and mission needs, and then be able to translate them into actions. Very good leadership skills are also required to help to effectively lead the development team.
The tasks required for this position include:
- Translate the CRM Customer Technical Manager’s (CTM’s) projects and priorities into tasks and deliverables for the other members of the contract team.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Coordinate QA efforts across the team, ensuring that the tasks have been completed with high quality in a predictable manner.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years experience, or a Masters degree with 6+ years experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Experience serving as an analyst on projects with responsibility for supporting creating and reviewing appropriate artifacts (Schedules, Test Plans, Sprint Report Cards, Sprint Plans, Backlogs, etc.).
- Experience in providing excellent written and oral communication skills, by means of email, presentations and mobile communication platforms.
- Agile experience
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Software development and testing experience
- Systems engineering/business analyst experience
- Experience with Oracle, SharePoint and/or web development
- Leadership skills and experience
- Scrum Master or other Agile certifications
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance