Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. A new era of mobility requires specialized expertise to address paradigm shifts in how we travel and move goods.
We support our customers with:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
The Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program is in search of an experienced Test Engineer with high level Air Traffic Control domain knowledge experience and integrating and testing new functionality into a real time based system.
The purpose of TBFM is to maximize use of available National Airspace System (NAS) resources, while minimizing delays and disruptions to aircraft operators and their customers, as well as reducing fuel burn and engine emissions thereby decreasing user operational costs.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Planning, designing, and evaluating test plans and procedure, as well as collaborating with systems engineering, software and production management.
• Ensures that the finished product can be identified easily and tested thoroughly.
• Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
• Communicates with internal and client project team members. Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in a relevant discipline.
Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
The successful candidate will possess advanced integration skills and the ability to work independently in the following 3 categories of integration:
New system functionality integration
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.