In this role, you will support the IBD-SS program at a site in Kuwait. This position entails data management, and user administration in a web-based database for supply chain and maintenance management of military equipment with analysis and reporting on data elements. This position requires interaction with military and Government customers, field service representatives, manufacturers, engineers and warehousemen. This position will include a heavy emphasis on establishing and updating configurations within the COLTS database. Applicant must have a thorough understanding of configurations, end-item/sub-component relationships, indenture levels, and the COLTS configuration tool. Work schedule will be a minimum of 48 hours but no more than 54 hours per week.
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
- Writing, editing, and revising training manuals for new and updated software and hardware
- Providing technical assistance for questions and problems
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- CM – COLTS Database SME
- Must be high level COLTS user very experienced in all aspects of the database to include configuration and property management, maintenance work orders, shipments, requisitions, RMA module, and how they all relate to system configurations.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in assembly configuration and hierarchy.
- Familiar with COLTS structure manager tools to support Configuration Management requirements
- Knowledge and experienced in reading engineering drawings as they relate to researching part numbers and part number changes to facilitate COLTS database updates/changes, and documents.
- Experience with COLTS MWO processes and utilization throughout program fleet.
- Experience teaching/training COLTS highly desirable.
- Ability to work across departmental boundaries, and interact with Sr program leadership.
- Experience in performing property inventories and/or property audits utilizing COLTS database tools.
- Knowledge of D-FAR, DPAS, Logistics and Warehouse Operations, Government Property Management, Working with CONUS/OCONUS teams all highly desirable.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Previous working knowledge as a Technician for BETSS-C, HMDS, FMV, IBD-K, FP-Suite, JDOC, RDISS and ECP systems
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, and other local procedures as required to ensure mission success.
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
- BA/BS with 5+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree. (12 total years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.)
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
Ability to attain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.