The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Technician in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Operations Technician will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Network Operations Team Lead.
- Assist the Net Ops Team Lead with direction and leadership for the Network Operations team.
- Perform and provide mentorship to junior personnel on projects and work assignments.
- Draft schedules for normal and contingency operational requirements and reports status to Net Ops Team Lead.
- Provides expert Tier 3 support and mentoring to troubleshoot circuits using router commands, loops, alarms and errors, and other troubleshooting technologies and techniques.
- Utilize network monitoring tools to monitor, track and resolve issues.
- Support resolution of functional area trouble tickets and assist with delineation of support from team to accomplish all tickets within key program performance indicators.
- Works with Government customers to understand, design, develop and implement networking solutions to optimize network performance and capabilities on all three NORAD/USNORTHCOM networks.
- Develops networking solutions and technology adjustments on a live, global network to optimize services to NORAD/USNORTHCOM users
- Tackles complex networking issues to support root cause analysis and development of strategies and solutions.
- Develop solutions, communicate it to the stakeholders and assist with implementation.
- Bachelors with 8+ years relevant experience or a Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience, additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level II CompTIA Security+ baseline certification at start date.
- Must have Juniper Certification (JNCIA minimum).
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IT.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in communications or cyber associated field.
- DoD-8570 IAT III Certification.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Experience in BlueCoat Proxy, SolarWinds, and TCOSS (Circuit Management).
- Familiar with Splunk Logs/Dashboards, ACAS, HBSS and other common industry Cyber Security tools.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.