Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
This candidate is responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. This sub family also interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. This position has some P & L responsibility
- Develops with the team and presents to management the overall program status on a continuous basis as required.
- Establishes program budgets with program team members and maintains effective cost and schedule controls.
- Analyzes and resolves minor subcontractor performance issues and advises Program Management of major subcontractor performance issues. Recommends corrective course of action(s).
- Monitors and assesses performance; identifies problems and institutes corrective actions as required
- Establishes goals for program and objectives for team members communicates those results to individuals and functional management at conclusion of program.
- Disseminates contract or proposal requirements to all team members. Performs or delegates, Manages and evaluates financial and technical trade-off analyses required for proposed changes in a program.
- Manages and evaluates financial and technical trade-off analyses required for proposed changes in a program.
- College Junior or Senior working towards a Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering Field, Business Administration, or related field required. Masters degree in Business Administration preferred, or equivalent and 3+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of MRP and/or ERP/CRM systems preferred.
- Knowledge of government program and contract management preferred.
- Knowledge of MRP and/or ERP/CRM systems preferred.
- MS Project, Excel, Visio experience preferred.
- Past experience managing program management administrative staff is a plus.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.