The Defense Group of Leidos as an opening for a Network Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO.
Looking for a unique, innovative and challenging IT position? Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Engineer will support a program that provides engineering and installation (E&I) services to improve, enhance and optimize performance of multiple networks, devices and capabilities maintained by NORAD & USNORTHCOM.
This position will report directly to the Engineering and Installation Lead.
- Proficient and ability to work on specific E&I initiatives and develop recommendations on system optimizations.
- Ability to work independently to take on projects requiring network engineering across NORAD/USNORTHCOM IT technical areas.
- Reviews and provides recommendations on various solutions to network engineering problems and helps develop and field solutions to assigned projects.
- Develops options and solutions to network issues and works with E&I leadership to advocate solution implementation.
- Researches, analyses and resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Supports and develops highly innovative strategic plans and solutions.
- Able to work as a team member or lead efforts.
- Bachelors with 8+ years relevant experience or a Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience, additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Must have current Secret with ability to gain TS/SCI clearance
- Expertise with one or more of the following: switching and routing, cyber security, systems engineering, project management
- General understanding of network designs, topologies, both transport and IT
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in communications or cyber associated field.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiar with switching and routing technologies, Juniper equipment, firewalls, Logs/Dashboards, ACAS, HBSS and other common industry Cyber Security tools.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.