The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next VMware Engineer, to assist with the release of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing NMEC program in Reston, VA.
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. Be our next Storage / VMWare Admin, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized micro-services architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting including associated hardware working at our Reston, VA office. We need you to participate in building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Operation and maintenance of operating systems and platform support, database administration, capacity planning, performance management, security compliance.
• Build, install, configure, and troubleshoot VMWare based servers and systems
• Maintain and support VMWare storage based system tools such as VMWare Site recovery Manager and Virtual Volumes
• Assist with OS patching and Network patching
• Assist with phase-in activities including initial HW/SW configuration tests and network connectivity
• Maintain the deployment environment according to the systems engineering specifications and baseline configuration at given points in time
• Assist with staging and production deployments
• Regular support of VMware and windows environment by resolving tickets for the internal customer.
• Identify and implement the rectified operational issues.
• VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments •Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
• Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots
• Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required
• Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items
• Support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
• Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
• Participate in an On-Call coverage for after hours and weekends support
This is you:
• BS in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience with 2+ years in system administration or related field, or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
• 4 years of experience with VMWare products including, but not limited to vSphere, VMWare Enterprise PKS, vCenter Servers
• 4 years of experience providing Windows and Linux support
• At least 2 years of experience in an operations or system administration role
• Strong knowledge of VMware 6.0 or higher to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite •Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management
• Experience on Cisco IOS perform
• Experience with patching servers, backups, permission management
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments
• Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM
• Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to plan and estimate tasks, track own progress and communicate risks in a timely manner.
• Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
• Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
You will wow us if you have these skills:
• Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN •Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
• Knowledge and some understanding of Kubernetes, Salt, Elasticsearch,
• Experience with Networking
• Experience in DevOps tools; scripting
• Experience with deployment and operations of containers as well as container
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) and/or VCAP
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.