The Group FP&A Director is a key role in the Finance organization responsible for group-wide financial analysis and reporting. This position is responsible for the financial forecasting of revenue, operating income, cash, and backlog for the group on a recurring basis, including monthly actual analysis, fiscal year projections, and the yearly AOP and multi-year strategic plan. In addition, this position will be responsible for the coordination of several group-level F&BO responsibilities, including but not limited to capital planning, indirect budget management, and consistent financial reporting throughout the group. This role reports directly to the Defense Group Chief Financial Officer.
• Provide oversight and direction to the Operations’ financial planning and analysis teams.
• Assist in establishing short- and long-range Group financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Create forward looking financial projections for all of the accounting statements and accompanying measurements.
• Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast.
• Measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO.
• Perform data reconciliation and consolidation, as well as variance analysis.
• Perform multiple financial cost analysis functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control systems, collecting data, controlling costs and preparing reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system.
• Lead analysis of projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
• Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
• Maintain or oversee the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.
• Responsible for the support of key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the business’s key metrics.
• Responsible for supporting the consolidated planning of all Cash and Balance Sheet accounts.
• Rate management activities, including the creation and support of Forward Pricing Rate Submissions and Audit.
• Responsible for the assessment of Defense Group account balances and have a continuous focus on improved accuracy and forecasting methodologies.
• Provide support to the organization in all audits, reviews, data requests, etc. during the current quarter and fiscal year.
• Directly interface with various functions within the Defense Group and serves as a key liaison and resource to various stakeholders both internal and external to the Defense Group.
• Support long-term strategic planning, including process development, presentation creation, and partnering between finance and strategy.
• Ad-hoc business performance reporting.
• Develop, prepare and present financial materials to Group and Corporate Finance leadership, incorporating key business insight and recommendations to achieve current and future goals.
• Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership when identified in a timely manner.
• Work with cross-functional teams including contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, technical accounting, AR, AP, program excellence and treasury organizations.
• Support the Defense leadership team with data-driven analysis.
• Implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports.
• Perform business case and ROI analysis.
This position is based out of Reston, Virginia.
• Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentations.
• Broad experience presenting, interacting and influencing C-level executives.
• Familiarity with the Hyperion Financial Reporting tool.
• Ability to effectively lead and develop a team of high potential finance professionals, as well as provide direction and oversight to the Operations finance teams.
• Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.