No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Financial management
Currently, we have an opportunity for Site Development Engineer for small cell design engineering.
The successful candidate must have experience in developing the construction drawings for 5G Small Cell installations, using customer GIS data and provided site surveys. The candidate will be comfortable in both a field and office setting, and will be trained in customer engineering and construction standards. Successful candidates will have experience in site analysis and development, the construction process, identifying power distribution devices, and understanding pole loading requirements and building codes. Candidates will gain experience in coordination of conflicting utilities, and other field engineering design requirements, the assessment and development of construction designs for complex cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments, work permit development, easements and ROW applications, zoning restrictions, and the design of 5G Small Cell installations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead, develop, and grow their own Small Cell Site Development Team within Leidos across the Southeast United States, reporting directly to the Director of Engineering. The candidate will have the opportunity to provide input and influence the strategic direction and growth of the team.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Small Cell Site Development Project Management
- Developing and Tracking Budgets for Small Cell Deployments
- Manage Internal and Contract Technical Resources for:
- RF Studies
- Environmental Impact Studies
- Site Surveys
- A&E Services for Site Construction Drawings including Site Plans, Elevation Plans, and Photo Simulations
- Coordinate Pole Attachment Requests with Utility Operators
- Develop Lease Agreements as Necessary
- Lead and Develop Small Cell Design Engineering Team in Southeast United States
Background must haves
- Bachelor’s of Engineering degree is required and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2+ years: relevant experience is working in Wireless Telecommunications industry performing site acquisition and development engineering (EIT/FE credentials or PE license is preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret site surveys, jurisdictional traffic control plans, and zoning maps
- Experience developing detailed 5G small cell construction drawings from standards provided by the carrier.
- Experience designing plans that provide power to 5G small cell antenna
- An understanding of pole loading requirements
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
- (Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
Nice to haves
- Experience providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating construction cost estimates
- Experience using AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Experience with design standards
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Professional dress and demeanor
10%-30% working with client in office or field visit
60%-80% Engineering and development of construction drawings for customer
10% admin/planning/customer follow-up
Leidos is trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to our Power Delivery Services for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Distribution Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.