The Leidos Intelligence and Solutions Division is seeking a Forensic Data Loader/System Administrator with a TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide technical support to the SIGINT Forensics Center (SFC), Strategic Technology and Advanced Concepts (STAAC) Division. Support shall include loading data from various computer media into the SFC's local storage system; entering background data in the SFC's internal database; and initiating automated processing scripts.
• Initiate Forensics processing scripts (run via Linux command line)
• Input and/or update background data in the internal SFC tracking database
• Initiate automated processing for SFC tracking database
• Copy images from a server to local storage
• Troubleshoot and communicate with customers if data is corrupted or incompatible
• Most work is during core business hours of normal business days; after hours surge efforts and on-call efforts.
• Performs research on current and future technology trends
• Identifies and analyzes new technologies and methods to assist near-term and medium-term Strategic technology development Initiatives
Bachelor's Degree and 4-8 years of Systems Administration experience, with preferably one year of experience with systems administration in a Linux environment. The candidate shall have technical experience/knowledge of shell script development and debugging, VMWare and/or virtual box, backup methods and backup formats. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T2. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.” by February 6, 2019.
• Experience using Linux command line interface
• Understanding of file systems (concept of files/folders/symbolic links/permissions, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard, commands like “file” + “mount”, what is FAT/NTFS/etc)
• Able to write basic shell scripts (e.g. bash, csh, etc), (create some variables, pass them as parameters to system commands and PERL scripts)
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications skill
• Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under general direction