The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, a Hardware In The Loop (HITL) Test Engineer to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will characterize and perform testing with scene projectors to support program objectives of critical importance to the US Air Force.
- Be responsible for all aspects of maintaining, operating, and performing laboratory testing with scene projectors
- Work with in-house domain expert to quickly develop deep understanding of all hardware and software aspects of scene projection, from scene generation through optical projection and sensor testing.
- Align, characterize and calibrate the scene projectors, including error analysis.
- Maintain proper operation, troubleshoot complex electronics, optics and software issues.
- Properly interface a variety of sensors to the scene projectors.
- Use electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes for measurements and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with members of a high performance technical team and customer stakeholders on test planning, test performance and documentation.
- Recommend and manage hardware, software and optics upgrades as needed.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electro-Optics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar field, and more than 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance.
- Experience developing, aligning, characterizing and performing testing with electro-optical or infrared testbeds
- Operating test equipment such as radiometers, detectors and cameras; collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data; writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Must have experience with analytical software such as MATLAB
- Experience with LabVIEW desired.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Presentation and collaboration skills.
- Active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Experience operating and maintaining scene projectors for sensor testing
- Experience operating and testing optical sensor systems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Optical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.