The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking a Scene Generation Engineer to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will understand radiometric target signature phenomenology applied to hardware accelerated rendering methods to produce radiometrically representative synthetic imagery used by scene projection hardware and modeling and simulation (M&S) software.
- Leverage DoD software including SPIRITS, FLITES, and CHAMP to generate dynamic radiometric imagery for use by scene projector hardware and software simulations.
- The applicant should have an understanding and/or experience generating Visible/Infrared sensor imagery including: terrain databases, cloud databases, atmospheric effects (e.g. MODTRAN and/or LEEDR), target modeling material optical properties, plume flowfield (SPF, CHARM, CFD++), and sensor and target 3-DOF and 6-DOF flight dynamics.
- Develop and apply a deep understanding of the underlying physics of target signature phenomenology and model fidelity to tailor generated scenes to test requirements.
- Develop software for real-time rendering using NVIDIA GPU and CUDA software development environment; develop methods to encode GPU outputs for input to scene projection hardware.
- Work closely with scene projection and M&S engineers to develop interfaces to scene generation tool for use with scene projection hardware and computer simulations.
- Collaborate with members of a high performance technical team and customer stakeholders on test planning, test performance and documentation.
- Recommend and manage hardware and software upgrades as needed.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics or similar field, and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance.
- Experience with computer vision, 3D rendering.
- Experience with analytical software such as MATLAB
- Experience with C++, C#, and Python.
- Experience with Linux and Windows software development
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Presentation and collaboration skills.
- Active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Experience with SPIRITS, FLITES, CHAMP, MODTRAN and/or other similar tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Optical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.