Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
The Security Detection & Automation Business has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to support contracts for mission critical equipment below;
- Exploranium® Radiation Portal Monitoring Equipment
- VACIS® Non-Intrusive Inspection Systems
- ProVision® Checkpoint Millimeter Wave Passenger Screening Equipment
- B220 HT™ Desktop Trace Detection Equipment
- Clearscan® Checkpoint CT Equipment
- Checkpoint Automatic Tray Return Systems
Position Responsibilities include:
- Documentation Development release through document control
- Manufacturing Bill of Materials development and ongoing administration and updates from product improvements or obsolescence.
- Analysis of technical parameters for obsolete parts and identification of sources for direct replacement parts that meet form, fit and function requirements.
- Routine review and action of parts obsolescence backlog as supply chain signals are provided for obsolete components or parts.
- Supporting assessment and collaborative resolution of complex cross-functional technical issues amongst multiple diverse stakeholders.
- Driving results through the development, implementation and maintenance of rigorous processes, tools, schedules and metrics
- Maintaining current data and providing status on technical and schedule performance issues.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Create processes and procedures to help assembly technicians create workflow efficiencies to enhance quality and streamline production.
- Establish an effective and efficient work sequence
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Develop standardized design criteria across product lines where possible.
- Support New Product Introductions as new products are migrated into the Vista Manufacturing facility.
- Technical oversight of Functional Configuration Audit planning and execution as new products are migrated.
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience
- Experience in Systems Engineering processes and procedures Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience/domain knowledge of requirements, verification, and validation is preferred
- Experience with complex systems development and integration preferred
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of systems engineering tools, schedules and metrics
Typical Education / Experience Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or 5 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.