The Quick Response Capability (QRC) Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (AISR) Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Safety Officer. This role has overall responsibility for maintaining and executing the safety program at Bridgewater, VA, and all of Bridgewater’s deployed locations. The functions of this job are focused on the ground, flight, and safety requirements described in Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) INST 8210-1C CH1 and OSHA 29 CFR 1910 requirements.
The Safety Officer serves as the Aviation Safety Official (ASO) for the Bridgewater site’s Ground and Flight Operations Procedures (GFOPs) and acts as the main coordination point with the assigned DCMA Government Flight Representative (GFR). The ASO is responsible for oversight of all GFOPs related operations to ensure compliance and continuous improvement. The ASO is the focal point for waiver coordination, site surveys, GFOPs updates, Mishap Response Plan (MRP) updates and drills, and all GFOPs and contract required safety reporting. He/she also oversees the writing of the annual GFOPs updates, execution of the GFOPs, and other safety related activities at each of the division’s deployed locations. The ASO interfaces with the contracts’ Program Managers and the AS9100D Quality team to ensure a coordinated approach to safety and quality is maintained.
The Safety Officer serves as the main point of contact with the Corporate Safety Office ensuring Leidos Corporate, OSHA 29 CFR 1910, and Virginia Occupational Safety & Health (VOSH) requirements are consistently met. The Safety Officer handles the paperwork for CONUS and OCONUS personnel injuries and files these reports with the Corporate Safety Office and Human Resources. He/she investigates or assists with the investigation of any accidents that occur CONUS or OCONUS. In this role, he/she will direct a small team of personnel and assign tasks to ensure all requirements are consistently met.
- Serve as the GFOPs ASO and maintain a good working relationship with the GFR and his team
- Ensure all scheduled and unscheduled reporting to the GFR occurs within the specified timeframes
- Understand all aspects of the GFOPs and ensure compliance
- Interface with on-site Leidos and Dynamic Aviation management, Program Managers, and the AS9100D Quality team
- Serve as the main point of contact with the Corporate Safety Office
- Track and resolve the findings received from GFR on-site surveys
- Manage the Safety auditing program, track findings to resolution, document all activities, and periodically report status
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of eight (8) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in aviation operations
- Operational experience with the execution of DCMA INST 8210.1C CH1 requirements and capturing those requirements in a GFOPs for specific on-site operations
- Familiarity with OSHA 29 CFR 1910 requirements
- Safety Management System (SMS) experience
- Inspector, quality control, or auditor experience
- Ability to identify discrepancies, perform a root cause analysis, develop a corrective action plan, and verify the effectiveness of an implemented corrective action plan
- Will be required to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance.
- Position is located in Bridgewater VA, if not local must be willing to relocate to area
- Military safety experience
- Statistical analysis
- Bachelor’s degree related to a discipline of safety or aviation
- Instructor or trainer experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.