Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We have upcoming roles available for Systems Engineers.
The successful candidate will be required to support the execution of Systems Engineering activities on a large-scale system of systems integration project with particular focus on breaking down Customer supplied requirements into lower level service specifications, working design aspects and managing the compliance tracing and evidence gathering back up the lifecycle. This work will involve both functional\operational aspects as well as non-functional requirements to evolve new baselines to meet important milestones. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Applicants must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of system engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in working within and\orleading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using their experience in Systems Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle
Ideally candidates will have experience of working complex Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems through the development lifecycles, although some on-the-job training will be provided, along with broader systems engineering experience, preferably in the delivery of technical services. Extensive DOORS use will be part of the role and so extensive DOORS and Requirements Management experience is required.
Duties will include:
- Updating Service Group Functional and Non-Functional Requirements in response to Customer requirement changes
- Liaison with Service Groups to introduce requirements changes into their baselines
- Creation of DOORS reports and metrics
- Updating Compliance and Traceability reports, including engineering rationale against the Customer requirements and feeding in Service Group responses
- Completion of specific design activities to complete overall service and system design
- Resolution of non-compliances and clarifications against design and requirements baselines to allow design completion and compliancy to be understood
- Liaison with Customer End User stakeholders to agree and mitigate non-compliances, leading negotiations where required
- Leading working groups across Customer, Programme, and Service Group teams
- Applying domain knowledge to close out design gaps utilising novel approaches where necessary to address complex problems
- Taking ownership of achieving key programme artefact delivery milestones
- Taking ownership of the requirements baseline across multiple service groups
- Success in working within large-scale and complex integration programmes
- Ability to work with a number of stakeholders and suppliers, working across organisational boundaries and acting as the technical interface between teams as appropriate
- Experience Success with designing / delivering systems in a Virtualised Environment
- Experience of working with Service Oriented Architecture
- Demonstrable successes within the System Engineering or System Architecture environment
- Experience of configuration management systems
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management or other safety related systems
- Ability to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
- Extensive experience of using DOORS
- ITIL including Service Management Roles & Processes
- Demonstrable commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
- Experience of service management, assurance and regulation requirements and how they apply across functional boundaries
- Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
- Ability to deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.