- Participate as a member of an integrated team providing tactical system instrumentation, Radio Frequency (RF) instrumentation, and Time Space Position Information (TSPI) instrumentation in deployed environments.
- Contribute to technical design, planning, verification, and fielding to ensure communication and instrumentation products support overall JAD event execution, data collection, reduction and analysis.
- Provide JAD event support for current and emerging military and commercial communications systems (e.g. point‐to‐point, satellite, radio frequency, and network radio systems)
- Provide radio frequency (RF) planning and management for tactical systems at JAD events; coordinate with Installation, Service, Joint, and Coalition Spectrum Managers to resolve spectrum management conflicts
- Participate in the integration of communication and instrumentation architectures for collection of event data and information
- Develop solutions for capture of analog tactical radio communications (antennas, antenna mounts, radio cabling) associated with event platforms and conversion for digital recording.
- Install, inspect, maintain tower sites, as required, for JAD events
- Maintain a tower training program and fall protection safety program
- Maintain and perform inspections on fall protective equipment
- Interact with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
- Bachelor’s/5 years related experience, or AA/7 years related experience
- Experience with one or more of the following functions:
- Tactical Communication Systems
- RF spectrum and Spectrum Management
- Wireless and cellular
- RF instrumentation and measurements
- Ability to certify as a Authorized Climber within 3 months of assignment (via Comtrain or equivalent organization)
- Ability to certify as Competent Climber within 6 months of assignment
- Ability to use test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers)
- Ability to read and follow blueprints
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Ability to deploy for extended periods to austere, all weather, field environments
- Ability to communicate with peers to explain facts, processes and practices
- Prior military service in instrumentation/RF fields
- Ability to certify as a Tower Climber Instructor (via Comtrain or equivalent organization)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.