Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in Orlando, Florida. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of our Software Innovation Center on a variety of challenging projects across Leidos. The successful candidate will have expertise with OneSAF (One Simulated Automated Forces), the U.S. Army's open source, common constructive simulation platform for both military and non-military communities. In this role you will independently determine, design, and develop best-in-class technology solutions for a wide range of complex software engineering problems supporting the needs of today's warfighters and front-line troops.
- Work in a fast paced software development environment to meet schedule milestones within an Agile development environment.
- Senior engineers will coordinate within a team of other developers providing the subject matter expertise to design, architect and implement specific applications as prioritized by the key stakeholders.
- Senior engineers will provide team leadership, including but not limited to Scrum leads, as well as being involved in hands-on programming and solutions of the most complex and difficult challenges.
- Engineers are expected to be able to participate and defend engineering design decisions to nontechnical leadership and be able to cooperate to the degree necessary to obtain buy in from all stakeholders and concurrence on the planned courses of action.
- Strong proficiency in OneSAF including the creation/modification of OneSAF physical models and behaviors, Command and Control (C2), High-Level Architecture/Distributive Interactive Simulation (HLA/DIS) interop or data collection.
- Expertise in simulation software development.
- Strong proficiency using Java.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance or have ability to obtain.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a scientific or technical discipline and 8-12+ years of related experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree.
Preferred Qualifications (one or more)
- Java and J2EE (including Servlet)
- Apache Solr
- XML and XML Schema
- SSL and PKI
- HTML and CSS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.