Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Linux Administrator to provide mission critical support to our customer. In this role, you will support the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities in support of a dynamic customer enterprise. The Linux Administrator performs System Administration tasks and coordination requirements on a customer’s system that supports mission needs. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate across teams to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
This program offers growth opportunities across multiple teams for those who demonstrate a Strong Work Ethic, Great Attitude and Desire to Learn and Develop Additional Skills.
- Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Linux environment.
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
- Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- Enforce PKI management using OpenSSL
- Operating and maintaining systems in Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with Nagios
- Scripting language experience
- Significant experience with RHEL
- Previous experience supporting a DevOps program
- Demonstrated experience with Scripting/Automation
- Extensive troubleshooting issues skills in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Significant experience developing scripts with Bash, Perl, Python.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience using ElasticSearch"
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.