Works as a member of a government-contractor team to provide cartographic review for various production tasks. Creation and review of Government spec map products (TM, MTM, TLM JOG.) Position entails review of map elements, ensuring correct symbology and verification that the correct portrayal rules are applied in the production of standardized spec map products.
Cartographer (Source Foundation Cartographic Portrayal/Review) duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Supporting Standard Map and or Chart production by performing cartographic analyst functions supporting standard cartographic production process
- Additional cartographic duties may include modifying contours, displacing features, creating and displacing annotation, and editing the margins to be map sheet specific.
- Successful candidates will have knowledge and understanding of Government map portrayal specifications (TM, MTM, JOG, TPC) across various scale levels.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Willing and able to work 2nd shift
- Must have TS/SCI Clearance and obtain CI Polygraph
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating standard spec government map products geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and government standard digital data formats
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to government standard map products and databases
- Review and edit both digital and hardcopy maps, charts and publications
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.