Leidos is a worldwide defense, intelligence, homeland security and advanced technology company. Our program GSM-O is a United States Government program chartered to provide support to the Defense Information System Network and associated networking capabilities. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) acts as the provider of these services to its customers the Department of Defense and national security organizations.
We are looking for highly motivated, driven, capable candidates to join our GSM-O team! The following areas are looking for qualified interns:
* Network Engineering
* Circuit Activations
* Trouble Management
* Configuration Management
* Performance Management
* Network Operations, Administration and Security
* Network Maintenance
Positions focus around various areas of the network operations support functions including:
* Performing functional analysis of data and network design
* Translating customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
* Performing network design data entry and cleanup tasks
* Performing documentation and metric collections for government delivery. Emphasis on technical writing skills along with a working knowledge of networking concepts
* Performing project planning focusing on the ability to develop logical plans to solve problems based on requirements
* Providing customer support of user's questions and issues during all phases of the Network Engineering lifecycle
* Performing trouble analysis of data and network design
* Development of software and network scripts (bash)
Required Skills and Education:
* Current enrollment in a Bachelor's-granting program in a relevant discipline is required for consideration
* Familiarization with IT and Computer networking concepts (Microsoft Office, OSI Layer, Python, VBA, SQL)
* Ability to perform data entry tasks and run appropriate queries and utilize pivot tables to display, perform analysis, assess trends. Interact with customers and other teams when responding to customer tasking
* Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance; Interim Secret required to start (selected candidates will be sponsored for required clearance)
* US Citizenship required
* Local colleges nearby Scott AFB (STL Metro area) need only apply
* Obtaining a Security+ certification may be required for subsequent engagement periods and/or full-time employment upon graduation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.