This position is for an upcoming opportunity and Leidos anticipates beginning the interview process in December 2021.
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for a Network Administrators (all levels) role for a proposal effort in support of an Enterprise IT and Digital Modernization contract, Defense Enclave Services (DES), located at various locations across the National Capital Region.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of network, backup, and endpoint protection architectures. Tasks will focus on ensuring network stability and performance, maintaining and improving the network security infrastructure, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise with the systems associated with the program.
We are looking for top talented individuals with expertise and experience in:
- Effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis
- Planning assistance for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle
- Support for asset installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Administrative-level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program
- Contributions to and maintenance of the security posture of the system in accordance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides, CTOs, and IAVM policies
- Support of senior staff, as required, and satisfaction of customer requirements and project milestones
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, & other technical resources)
- Ability to explain technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization
- Bachelor degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent (additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
- Information Assurance Baseline Certification IAW DoD 8570.01M IAT Level II (CompTIA SEC+, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)"
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.