The National Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has multiple openings for performing Infrastructure Management in a mission operations environment. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and provide support to the Department of Defense’s mission. These positions are all part of mission operations and will be operating in a fast paced operations environment. The candidate should be well versed in infrastructure operations and will be responsible for investigating and resolving problems for systems. This is a shift position working 1400-2200.
The ideal candidate will have the experience to provide first line of defense to deploy, operate, and maintain infrastructure devises 24x7 for 365 days a year. Additional duties include:
- Experience and troubleshooting skills to provide a first line of defense to investigate and fix problems for systems in the Infrastructure Services Branch.
- Keeping the Battle Captain (BC) aware of issues within the infrastructure service lanes that meet the thresholds for notification.
- Reaching back to infrastructure service lane SMEs for resolution after providing an initial assessment and not being able to resolve the problem.
- Collaborating and maintaining continuous communication with other service leads (Network, Help Desk, Deskside Support, Cyber) and BC in the ITOC to resolve the problem. When an infrastructure component requires a different service lane to act in support of troubleshooting/incident resolution, the ISL notifies the BC who in turn will task the appropriate service leads.
- Acting as the interface between the BC and the Infrastructure Services Branch Leadership. When necessary, the ISL initiates and leads a crisis action team for critical issue within their service lane. To execute this responsibility, the ISL has OPCOM of the underlying service components with respect to incident management.
- Acting as the primary technical interface with NGA concerning COE, tracking all planned/emergency maintenance actions pertaining to infrastructure, and coordinating with the Operations Support Team in the development of knowledge articles.
- Minimum of BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Willing to work shift work.
- US citizenship and an Active TS/SCI Clearance with CI poly required.
- Must have experience with physical and virtual servers
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Server Administration, Dell Storage Administration
- Experience providing Tier 2 or 3 support
- Experience working in a command center
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Security + certification
Bachelor’s degree and advanced degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.