Leidos has an immediate opening for an experienced Splunk Engineer to join a large IC DoD customer contract. Leidos is building a new team to transform our customer spaces. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
In this role, you will provide overall engineering and design support for a large distributed Splunk environment, spanning security, performance, and operational roles. Additionally, you will support the full systems engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. You will work with other Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements and perform troubleshooting.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk.
- Build and integrate contextual data into notable events.
- Recognize and integrate new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, while building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Provide technical, managerial and administrate direction relative to the problem.
- Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders.
- Work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
- Work with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- 5+ years experience in a Splunk Engineering role.
- 5+ years experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces.
- 3+ years experience in app interface development using REST API’s and in regular expressions.
- US citizenship and an active TS/SCI with CI Poly security clearance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years’ experience in the Information Technology field. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- This position requires a DoD IAT Level II certification.
- Experience in other systems and network management products.
- Current or former completed Splunk training.
- Experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite.
- Experience developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scripts.
- Experience administering Linux OS/ such as Redhat Enterprise.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.