This position as a Software Application Services (SAS) Software Packaging Engineer supporting the ITEMS contract in the Development/Operations (DEVOPS) section. The role of the Software Engineer is to design, develop, write, document and implement software automation tools, modules, and products in support of the ISP objectives. Supports and/or installs software applications in large scale deployments. Consults on investigation and resolution of discrepancy reports. Provide technical input for complex support issues. Act as a technical liaison between internal teams. Provide assistance to engineers and support staff globally. Define programming practices and standards. Generates test software and conducts unit level test cases. Supports design reviews and other reviews and control gates as necessary. Work with large globally distributed data-sets, ascertaining metrics and meaning.
Duties and qualifications, identifying both essential and marginal duties:
- Strong background in object oriented programming with Batch and PowerShell.
- Strong working knowledge of Systems Administration of Widows based platforms including server and workstation operating systems.
- Aptitude to troubleshoot software related issues in a fast paced operational setting.
- Basic working knowledge of Software Version Control systems, including Subversion.
- Passion for problem solving in time sensitive situations.
- A plus would be experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Experience with PDQ Deploy and Inventory is a plus.
- Aptitude to work with SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Self motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
- The visual acuity to work on a computer for extended periods of time, a means to move from one workstation to another, and the ability to communicate with other employees and clients.
Education, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience in lieu of degree
- 4+ years object oriented programming, with background in C# or .Net language preferred.
- Experience running production infrastructure for high availability.
- Fundamental networking knowledge, including OSI model and TCP/IP.
- Proven time management skills are required.
- A background in sound software engineering practices is required.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is required.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills are required.
- Knowledge of software packaging technologies – Windows Installer, Wise, AdminStudio, or similar packaging technologies is desired.
- Experience with NGA programs and NGA facilities are a plus.
- Current IA Certification: Security + preferred. Cert must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.