At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division, within the Defense Group at Leidos is seeking Software Developers (entry to senior levels) to join our Beavercreek Ohio, Pentagon Blvd. office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) Sensors Directorate, Rapid Technology Development & Demonstrations (RTD2) program perform research and development in the areas of open systems architecture (OSA) and rapid integration and demonstration of ISR technologies. In support of this multi-year high visibility program, your position as a Software Developer will be to support USAF programs at Wright Patterson Air Force Base through a combination of laboratory, ground, and flight testing.
What’s in it for you? On our team, you will be learning and applying the latest emerging Government and Industry standards to enable flexible and robust machine-to-machine interoperability for manned and unmanned ISR mission flexibility. We have a strong emphasis on collaborative research and develop of complex systems-of-systems, taking ideas from concept to prototype to developmental test and operational demonstration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (All Levels)
• Design, develop and maintain software in support of national defense, and intelligence, gathering products for both airborne and ground based systems
• Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
• Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
• Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
• Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skill-sets
Additional, Junior Role (T2) Level Responsibilities
• Contribute to the identification of requirements and assist with developing high level designs and work breakdown structures
• Prepare materials for technical briefings and reports
Additional, Junior to Intermediate (T3) Level Responsibilities
• Provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff on software development best practices and lessons learned
• Develop software documentation artifacts (e.g. user guides, SDKs, ICDs/APIs)
• Apply software development best practices and lessons learned to the design and implementation of increasingly more complex integrated solutions
Additional, Intermediate (T4) Level Responsibilities
• Provide technical leadership to a small group of software developers and systems engineers on select projects
• Supporting design of experiments and analyzing results
• Candidate may be called upon to brief technical status and/or participate in integrated demonstrations/tours with program stakeholders
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (All Levels)
To be considered for any of the levels, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• Demonstrated experience taking high-level, abstract concepts to implementation by developing increasingly more complex software applications in relevant languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#, Python, etc) in Windows and/or Linux environments using modern tool environments (e.g. Netbeans, Eclipse, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A DoD Clearance is not required to start, a final DoD Secret level of clearance is required, with the ability to maintain this level of clearance.
• One of many factors in obtaining a DoD clearance is U.S. Citizenship; candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
• Willingness to travel up to 10% (estimate) within the continental United States
Additional T1 Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similarly relevant engineering discipline, and less than 2 years of relevant experience
Additional T2 Level Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similarly relevant engineering discipline, and 2+ years of relevant experience, or a Masters with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or in small groups with limited oversight
• Demonstrated ability to adequately manage time to support more than one program at a time
Additional T3 Level Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similarly relevant engineering discipline, and less than 4+ years of relevant experience, or a Masters with 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience with software development practices such as source control (e.g. Git, Subversion), issue tracking, continuous integration, agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum)
Additional T4 Level Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similarly relevant engineering discipline, and less than 8+ years of relevant experience, or a Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated technical leadership of software developers / systems engineering personnel
• Demonstrated support of business development activities which may include customer engagement, proposals, internal research and development
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (All Levels)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Active DoD Secret (or higher) Clearance
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similarly relevant engineering discipline
• Experience with software development incorporating Government and Industry standards, such as Open Mission Systems (OMS), Universal Command and Control Interface (UCI), Common Open Architecture Radar Programs (COARPs), Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA), TOA/Redhawk, or similarly relevant emerging standards
• Experience with RF signal processing algorithms (e.g. synthetic aperture radar (SAR), moving target indicator (MTI), coherent change detection (CCD), etc.) and/or novel waveforms
• Experience with Modeling and Simulation software tools and environments (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink, AFSIM)
• Experience with virtualization and containers (e.g. VMWare, Docker, etc.)
• Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) methodologies and tools such as Cameo/MagicDraw, knowledge of digital engineering concepts
• Experience with software development in ESRI ArcGIS using Java and/or C# .NET and/or ESRI ArcGIS development libraries (ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, ArcGIS API for Python, ArcGIS REST API)
• Experience with software development to manage multi-source ISR data (e.g. Imagery, FMV, SAR/MTI, RF) using transport streaming and transcoding protocols and tools (e.g. FFmpeg, H.264/H.265, JPEG2000, RTSP)
• Experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep neural networks
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.