Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a Senior Program Analyst. The Program Analyst is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities in order to assist the federal program manager to meet requirements for the nuclear weapon stockpile.
This position is a full-time contractor position located in the NNSA offices on the Forrestal Building in Washington, DC.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the program mission and assist the federal program manager in managing day to day objectives and deliverables.
- Communicate the mission clearly and consistently across all documents and publications both verbally and in writing.
- Participate and report activities in weekly staff meetings, planning meetings, team calls, video teleconferences, and other meetings held by leadership and team members.
- Collect technical data and assist federal engineers to develop briefings and reports.
- Collect technical and programmatic input from sites and PMs to assist with the annual program planning documentation, including program plans and program implementation plans.
- Track program actions and commitments.
- Advise, review, and comment on annual budget data information and budget justifications including performing data analysis, data input, and editing as required.
- Facilitate strategic communication of programmatic information within NNSA and with external organizations including developing responses to Congress, executive NNSA managers, and stakeholders to garner support.
- Collect technical information across multiple groups at different levels (program managers, M&O partners, and field office personnel) to draft and develop position papers and memorandums for federal managers.
- Provide technical assistance in the coordination of program meetings, reports, presentations, and other confidential materials.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or substitute one-for-one years’ experience in working on nuclear weapon programs.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Work experience supporting federal government programs (e.g., DOE/NNSA or DOD).
- Exceptional verbal, writing, and editing skills
- Experience developing documents on technical topics for lay audiences
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team
- Experience coordinating and collaborating with the National Security Enterprise contractors and partners.
- Experience working with military organizations and delivering proposals and product.
- Experience in program and financial reviews.
- Experience in technical writing and oral communication.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.