Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a highly qualified subject matter expert to support our National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Defense Programs customer to manage Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) activities. This work includes tracking the status of the work the B61-12 Program is funding between the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Air Force, and the various sites.
This is a full-time contractor-support position ultimately located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque, NM but teleworking until regular on-site access is allowed.
- Serves as primary interface for NA-125.1 on status of the B61-12 MIPR portfolio.
- Maintain tracking and status of all B61-12 LEP Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs)
- Working with the B61-12 Federal Program Office staff, evaluate all MIPR related site cost estimates, spend plans and monthly reports.
- NNSA liaison to DoD organizations for regular meetings and status of MIPR actions
- Serves as the primary interface between Project Engineers, Management and Operations (M&O) contractors, and the Air Force in the area of work-for-others programs and funding.
- Analyzes past and current Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) to ascertain their individual status, track budget and program activities associated with each MIPR, and work to manage –then close –individual MIPR activities.
- Coordinates development of Statements of Work (SOWs) between M&O Contractors and the Air Force.
- Regularly provides status of MIPR portfolio, informing federal staff on status, issues, challenges, and needed federal actions.
- Clearly and concisely conveys analysis results to all levels of Federal management in support of programmatic decisions.
- Serve as subject matter expert advisor to the FPM and staff to resolve emerging issues and any potential problems that may be associated with this MIPR-related support.
- Apply process improvement practices for this work.
- Work independently, creatively, and under general supervision.
The work performed in this position is extensive in scope and requires an experienced individual with demonstrated program/project management experience, appropriate technical expertise, the ability to self-direct, to work in a highly dynamic environment, and interface with broad range of federal and military senior staff and leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Business.
- Minimum of 5 years of related program/budget analysis experience required.
- Experience will be considered in conjunction with education; Program/Project Management, or closely related field is desired.
- Program/project management in NNSA, DOD, government or corporate environments.
- Knowledge of program and project management/scheduling tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in writing and editing briefings for senior and executive managers.
- Active DoD TS and/or DOE Q clearance.
- Prior experience with MIPRs.
- Nuclear weapons experience.
- NNSA/DOD interagency experience.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.