Leidos is currently looking for a Network Field Operations Engineer. This position is responsible for the design, maintenance and configuration of CCTV IT networks. The NW Engineer will also be responsible for the physical implementation, installation and maintenance of these networks at multiple locations across the WMA.
- Provide technical oversight of a multi-site enterprise level WAN, including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Design, deploy, and administer the infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Train team members on new hardware or software.
- Research and recommend approaches for system administration tasks.
- Analyze and monitor server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security holes.
- Provide hardware and operating system support for the corporate and field computer systems environment, UNIX, Linux, Windows, and storage.
- Designing a network topology and infrastructure that will be used for all the security devices to communicate.
- Configuring the security devices to communicate and operate at the specifications requested by the customer.
- Designing custom solutions using COTS equipment to meet high security, high threat customer requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Applicant must have Security+ and CCNA or CCNP cisco certifications.
- 10 years’ experience developing, repairing, configuring, and administering complex IT networks.
- Focused on network security for enterprise wide CCTV applications.
- Must have demonstrated experience in network configuration and design of security systems (switches, routers, wireless).
- Applicant must be capable of apprehending and implementing the following accepted industry standards and methodology (Information Technology/Networking, Structural, Electrical, and Infrastructure Cabling).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.