Leidos is seeking a Lead HR Data Scientist to support our HR and Talent Acquisitions teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, knowledge of data science principles, and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to HR professionals with non-technical backgrounds. The Lead HR Data Scientist will also advise other HR Executives and Leaders on business problems and provide them with clear, actionable recommendations to address those challenges.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Deliver meaningful metrics, trends, key insights, and analytic solutions in all areas of HR support and services.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses answering key business questions, covering all aspects of the employee lifecycle and ROI/efficiency. Present information and insights to all layers of the organization in a concise, clear, and timely manner.
- Create HR focused forecasting and machine learning models, integrating HR data with data from other business functional groups.
- Analyze current and historical trends based on large data-sets for building AI algorithms, to predict future success.
- Provide analysis of historical data from HR and other business functional groups for model creation and training.
- Audit performance data that is being used to train AI model, testing for adverse impacts in modeling prediction.
- Support AI/ ML HR focused initiatives across the Leidos enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field with 8+ years of experience or a Master's degree in a relevant technical field with 5+ years of experience (additional experience, education or training will be considered)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with HR data and workforce analytics particularly maintaining, understanding, interpreting, and forecasting data OR comparable data analysis experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of performing queries, performing ETL or data wrangling actions, developing reports and visualizations, and a variety of analytic products
- Experience with machine learning techniques, algorithms and AI
- Experience with applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze datasets required for machine learning and AI algorithms. Experience processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Proficiency with program languages, tools, and applications (e.g. Python, SQL, R, ArcGIS, Tableau, ggplot) for analysis and visualization of data
- Exceptional ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses, and finding
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, and/or similar data analysis, visualization and business intelligence tools
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Attention to detail and a thorough understanding of data and the organization structure, including impacts to data/metrics due to changes in organizational structure
- Excellent verbal, communication, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex organization and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive employee information
- Ability to work independently and be part of a cross-functional team environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with handling unstructured data
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Workday HR & ATS and Power BI
- Ability to perform scripting and programming skills such as Java, C/C++ is a plus
- Ability to navigate Leidos through data privacy and data governance issues
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.