The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) at Beavercreek OH and Ann Arbor, MI is seeking a Sensors Exploitation and ATR Solution Architect to join our growing team performing applied research and development of advanced sensing technologies for the US Air Force, DARPA, and other DoD customers. The Solution Architect will work with senior leaders within LInC, the Multi-Spectrum Research and Analytics System Division, and across Leidos to support the development and strategy for multi-domain sensing applications, sensor modeling, automatic target recognition, sensor system performance modeling, and artificial intelligence/machine learning. This position includes an execution role as a Principal Investigator for programs in the aforementioned technology areas. This position also includes a business and proposal development role.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
• Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
• Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
• Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
• Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
• Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
• Communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
• Work to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following:
• BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Significant experience in the field of automatic target recognition and sensor exploitation
• Experience with sensor systems or modeling of sensor systems (Radar, RF, and/or EO/IR sensor systems)
• Familiarity with DoD systems and missions
• Ability to communicate effectively about ATR and sensing applications with a broad range of audiences, from internal leaders to external customers and from sophisticated researchers to those with little or no relevant background
• US Citizenship and a Secret security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience and understanding of many areas of ATR/AI/ML (Deep Learning, template-based, etc)
• Experience with advanced signal processing techniques
• Experience with secure data including multi-level classified data
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.