Leidos is currently seeking a Sr. Engineer/Subject Matter Expert to perform the following:
- Performing airdrop, helicopter sling load and internal helicopter transport certification
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with root cause analysis and corrective action development related to fielded helicopter sling load equipment, and personnel and cargo parachute systems. Provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications, and technical/field manuals within 30 days. The completed technical reviews will be provided to the Government for review and approval.
- Disposition request for waivers and deviations for government review and approval
- Participate in parachute and airdrop equipment design reviews.
- Provide technical expertise, with experience in aerial delivery rigging, to support engineering assessment with responsibilities to include engineering assessments of aerial delivery items, inspection of first article test samples, testing of airdrop hardware, and developing airdrop and helicopter sling load rigging procedures.
- MS and Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and over 10 years direct experience in the Airdrop industry.
- Attention to detail
- Experience in the Airdrop industry to include, helicopter sling load equipment, personnel and cargo parachute systems
- Experience with drawing packages, specifications, and technical/field manuals.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.