Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with the country's toughest technical problems.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Technologist; System Administrator (SysAdmin) at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The System Administrator (SysAdmin) candidate will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers. The SysAdmin will ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers they manage meet the needs of the users. The SysAdmin may be required to install or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train or supervise staff; or offer technical support for projects.
- Maintain Responsibility for Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks(WAN) policies
- Design and Monitor new complex systems
- Configure and install systems hardware or software and maintain server and domain security requirements.
- Solve complex networking and administration issues and use critical thinking to support network functionality along side Network Administrators.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Manage accounts , network rights , access to systems and equipment and implement security procedures and tools.
- Resolve hardware and software interface and interoperability problems.
- Ensures systems availability , functionality , integrity and efficiency.
- Maintain systems configuration and mange the installation and integration of system fixes, upgrades and enhancements .
- Perform feasibility studies on complex information systems and conduct in-depth analysis complicated by novel problems.
- Participate in Management meetings, discussions , committees and special projects
- Current TS/SCI Cleared with current Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and 10 + years of related experience. Additional related IT experience may substitute for a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as a System Administrator
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with VMware utilization technologies
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Microsoft System Administration including lodging scripting ,Group Policy objects (GPO's) and Windows servers roles including DHCP, DNS and active directory.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with SAN storage.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration including lodging .
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012 System Administration and Troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of essentials for IT security and security administration.
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M Certification.
- Must have Security + certification
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with CISCO Identity Services Engine.
- VMWare Certified Professional Certification
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and Networking.
- Experience with clustering.
- Experience with Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Knowledge of complex configuration management techniques and requirements appropriate to manage base level network systems.
- MCSA Certification.
- VCAP Certification.
- CCIE Certification
- CCNP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.