The Leidos Health Products & Services Group has an opening for a Software Solutions Architect with experience in the software industry to deliver innovative services or a combination of products and services that address customer's specific business problems. You will function as technical POC for customer-facing activities with Federal and Commercial clients seeking software-based solutions to support Digital Modernization initiatives. Responsibilities include engaging in customer shaping efforts, requirements gathering, and proposal support activities, leveraging understanding of industry trends and Leidos capabilities for cloud migration, application modernization, and DevOps enablement to craft solutions and compose strategies for effective technology insertion. In addition, the Software Solutions Architect will work as an interface between programs, customers and Leidos senior management, ensuring Leidos management understanding of customer domain, pain points, and strategy to drive business development initiatives and ensure success of high-value capture and on-contract growth opportunities.
The responsibilities for this position include requirements definition, enterprise architecture definition, application functional and technical design, external software interface design, integration, test and generation of supporting engineering artifacts.
- Act as product advocate for Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) application development platform, liaising with Leidos Solution Architects and program resources from Defense, Intel, Health, and Civil Groups to foster understanding of product capabilities
- Conduct market research and product comparison for application platform as-a-service (aPaaS) software, tracking industry trends and assessing technologies for fit within digital modernization solution sets
- Interface with Leidos Executive Leadership to ensure executives’ technical understanding of product initiatives and use cases, taking feedback and exercising understanding of corporate strategy to shape LEAF product direction
- Mine business development/CRM database, tracking opportunities that are well-positioned for aPaaS technology insertion. Track BD pipeline for all Leidos groups to identify Digital Modernization requirements and customer trends.
- Contribute to customer shaping activities, analyzing industry trends and mapping Leidos Solution offerings to customer vision for Digital Modernization. Lead opportunity shaping efforts to drive internal and external customer understanding of product technical discriminators and assist in injecting platform into stakeholder IT footprint
- Assist in proposal writing & submission, using understanding of digital modernization trends and Leidos solutions discriminators to craft compelling narratives around Leidos offerings
- Perform systems engineering and functional design activities for application proofs of concept, demos, and solution documentation to feed customer engagements
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Evaluates existing and emerging technologies to enable system/software architecture alternatives to address functional/non-functional product needs to include cost, schedule, risk, and supportability for enterprise applications.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and extensibility
- Communicate all concepts related to overall system/software architecture to multiple product development teams
- Oversee progress of product development team to ensure consistency with agreed upon system/software architecture
- Anticipated travel for this role is 25%, dependent upon the stage of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 4-8 years of experience or;
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 2-6 years of experience
- Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with software architectures and complex systems to support product functional / non-functional requirements
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Set (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with system API specifications to enable effective system-to-system communications via web technologies
- Experience with enterprise IT and software systems development lifecycle processes and programs
- Expertise with Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS) platforms such as SalesForce, Pega, Appian or ServiceNow
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.