Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Engineering and Installation Lead will support a program that provides engineering and installation services to improve, enhance and optimize performance of multiple networks, devices and capabilities maintained by NORAD & USNORTHCOM.
This position will report directly to the Chief Engineer.
- Involved in the development of solutions that impact important project/program goals and outcomes.
- Uses in-depth knowledge and understanding of networks to create new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of customer operations.
- Leads and manages system engineering efforts of other technical staff that has direct impact on project outcomes.
- Researches and resolves highly complex issues by applying technical experience through a logical troubleshooting approach.
- Develops solutions that are very innovative having been achieved through research and use of proven practices.
- Requires ability to communicate with senior customer and program management leadership regarding initiatives and solutions for various projects.
- Provide persuasive viewpoints and knowledge of networks to drive acceptance of updated practices/concepts and reach consensus on approaches/strategies.
- Work with IT Networks, Cyber Security tools and reporting.
- Bachelors with 12+ years relevant experience or a Masters with 10+ years of relevant experience, additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have current DoD Secret clearance with ability to gain TS/SCI clearance.
- Expertise with two or more of the following: cloud technologies, networking, cyber security, systems engineering, project management.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IT.
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetworking Professional (Enterprise) OR a professional level certification in a similar vendor category (i.e. CCNP) and Juniper Networks Certified Internetworking Specialist (Enterprise).
- F5 Load Balancer Experience.
- Firewall Experience.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in communications or cyber associated field.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiar with Solarwinds, Splunk Logs/Dashboards, ACAS, HBSS and other common industry Cyber Security tools.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.