Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Are you interested in improving and shaping the consumer fraud protection industry in a group of intelligent and motivated individuals? Leidos is seeking a motivated and self-starting Mid-level Salesforce Developer in Indianapolis, Indiana, as part of a web application development team. This work involves the development and maintenance of various web applications for data collection from multiple channels.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
The Salesforce Developer will be involved in the full development life-cycle from technical design to development, testing, and deployment. The Salesforce Developer will be expected to work with internal and external project teams to gather requirements, configure and extend the Salesforce application based on business needs with robust systems and testing documentation, within an agile environment. Successful candidates will be technical professionals, experienced in web application development. Candidates should have development experience with the Salesforce platform and be able to leverage the Salesforce provided Application Programming Interface.
- Perform hands-on technical Salesforce development and implementations, with a focus on delivering functional solutions on the Salesforce.com platform
- Work with senior members of the team to analyze business requirements, translating those requirements in to customized solutions using the Salesforce platform
- Implement Salesforce solutions that adhere to platform best practices, and perform peer code reviews. Typical Salesforce implementations include custom platform development (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components), integrations with back office systems (often through the use of middle-ware tools) and complex data migrations
- Provide development support, from design through testing and deployment, often working with other members of the team
- Implement, deploy and document projects that leverage the Salesforce.com toolset
- Post-delivery: work with client teams in supporting the live application and perform hand-off and knowledge transfer activities, positioning our clients for long term success
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in I.T. or other related field with 3+ years of related experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Certifications Required: Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Platform Developer I
- Experience with Salesforce platform programming languages - Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Component framework
- Lightning Component development experience
- Lightning Design System framework
- Declarative Force.com development tools such as Process Builder, Visual Workflow, Lightning App Builder, etc
- Follow established Salesforce development standards and best practices
- Be comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance
- Salesforce Certified App Builder
- Salesforce Platform Developer II
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.