Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As Warehouse Technician you will work closely with the program management and other program team members and will be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing movement of materials from receipt of materials in warehouse to deploying inventory into production. You will be responsible for planning and managing material movement with purchasing, asset management and the field technicians deploying assets into the customer environment.
Under the direction of the program management, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for tasking and support of the CMS Office of the Human Capital (OHC)
- Responsible for the new employee setups and moves of IT equipment.
- Manage the inventory of all materials stored in the warehouse.
- Organize and maintain warehouse equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Pulling and preparing products for shipment, ensuring that exact number and type of products is loaded and shipped.
- Perform asset picking duties in an efficient manner.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support customer and the program needs.
- Receive parts, maintain inventory, and check-out parts as needed to Technicians and Engineers.
- Responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations.
- This position involves frequent lifting of materials and products.
- Perform all functions related to inbound and outbound shipments of materials received and shipped by the company, which includes adding the materials to pallets, preparing the pallets for shipment, verifying correct material amounts prior to shipping, the creation and tracking of packing slips, unloading trucks, inspecting material for damage, reviewing paperwork, and in-checking materials.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory in the warehouse.
- Ensure the warehouse areas are clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Administer property management within the warehouse and work closely with the program Asset Manager to ensure continual accountability of government, and company property in accordance with applicable FAR and government regulations or corporate policy.
- Maintain property accountability records, determines condition, and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment.
- Provide support for all shipments, excess, and storage, and acknowledge all deliveries of accountable-property, and update information in the centralized database to maintain database integrity.
- Perform contracting activities, to include initiating and maintain government property disposition process and documentation requirements.
- Provide superior customer service support.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be proficient and effectively manage the storage of materials and the management of stock control, accounting warehousing, location surveys and inventories.
- Strong inventory control skills.
- Experience in record keeping in the ServiceNow ITSM tool, a plus.
- Experience with and ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be capable of repetitive lifting of up to 75 lbs; must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of bending over for extended periods.
- Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Provide a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.