Leidos is seeking an experienced public health analyst/epidemiologist for our National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) program for CDC.
This position will develop computer programs (primarily using SAS) to monitor data quality; communicate with project areas regarding study activities and protocols; analyze data for reports, presentations and publications; assist in the review of study data for data quality and validation; support NHSN users on higher-level questions related to facility set-up, data collection, and running system reports; organize study files, including data and correspondence files; perform scientific, medical and research literature searches in fields including but not limited to Behavioral and Social Sciences, Epidemiology, and Laboratory and prepare slides for scientific presentations; provide analytic support to multi-disciplinary teams in order to accomplish public health research and program goals.
- Oversees the development of NHSN modules and mechanisms for electronic reporting to NHSN.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in the function and use of the NHSN module including thorough understanding of the application from a user perspective.
- Provide data analyis for NHSN data validation projects with CMS and other external partners to evaluate and improve data quality.
- Provide NHSN data cleaning projects to improve the quality of NHSN product.
- Present research papers, conference abstracts, and other publications.
- Lead, maintain and update technical content of protocols, instructions, and other documents for NHSN surveillance resulting from technological advancements, HAI/disease trends, and yearly updates of system components (10th revision of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems [ICD-10-CM])
- Conduct user outreach and education, and provide consultation and technical assistance to infection control provider groups, quality improvement organizations, and health departments in order to support their healthcare-associated infection (HAI) prevention, surveillance, and response activities, and to meet NHSN data quality needs.
- Handle inquiries from existing and prospective NHSN module users, assist facilities with NHSN enrollment, and provide user support regarding procedures for correctly applying CDC HAI definitions and criteria and data entry
- Manage user/system issues requiring system modification by overseeing the development and prioritization of NHSN system modifications to improve data quality and other system attributes and track these modifications.
- Communicate with users and provides technical expertise to improve user interface and analytic and group user functions.
- Prepare and present educational trainings (20-30 annually) about NHSN to professional organizations and governmental bodies at national, state and local levels.
- Participate in epidemiological investigation, research and other technical assistance.
- Participate in special DHQP studies or projects.
BS degree in Epidemiology, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or Informatics and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
Statistical programming experience using SAS, R or STATA. *Technical experience with data management, data analysis, and report generation. Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction. * Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
Ability to identify and create necessary updates resulting from technological advancements, infection/disease trends, or yearly updates of system components (International Classification of Diseases 10th Revision Clinical Modifications [ICD-10-CM]). Experience with data visualizations in SAS, Power BI, R or other software applications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.