Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a ServiceNow Software Engineer (SME) to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a ServiceNow Software Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs ServiceNow software capabilities to support a complex program. Based in DevOps framework, you will determines computer user needs; analyzes systems capabilities to resolve problems on program, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls. The ServiceNow Software Engineer prepares operating instructions and ensures software standards are met and develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
Due to the nature of the contract we support, US Citizenship is required.
An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position
- Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement, using Java, Hibernate, SpringBoot
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- This position determines computer user needs; analyzes systems capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls.
- The ServiceNow Software Engineer prepares operating instructions and ensures software standards are met.
- High proficiency with SQL authoring and data modeling.
- Expert at developing solutions to routine technical problems of various scopes.
- In-Depth experience using GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Develops and executes project plans
- Established Service Desk experience
- Experienced with ITIL
- Previous experience supervising others
- Expert at using Atlassian tools suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Candidate must have Masters with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.