The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) of the Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for a Configuration Manager with U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) engineering experience to provide configuration management and data management for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Scalable Control Interface (SCI) program. This position will be located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices. The Configuration Manager will be a member of the Engineering Team supporting UAS systems that includes software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and a full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management. Engineering activities include requirements decomposition, development of engineering Contract Deliverable Requirement List (CDRL), and all associated documentation.
Primary responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
In this role the Configuration Manager will coordinate activities to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. Standard engineering methodologies, processes and tools will be used to accomplish problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, and subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment will be required. He/she will be required to interface with internal personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
- Act as the Configuration Manager for all facets of the US Army SCI program.
- Experience engineering, documentation and support of UAS to the US Army
- Participates in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications required to support the contract(s).
- Develop and maintain a data management strategy for the SCI program.
- Performs tasks to develop overarching configuration management and data management strategy
- Creates engineering document trees cataloging baseline system configuration data.
- Contributes to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Develops and transforms low/high-level design artifacts into customer deliverables.
- Maintains engineering documentation and diagrams.
- Coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership to acquire waivers (if required) in order to meet contractual requirements.
- Coordinates with subcontractors to ensure subcontract deliverables meet specification requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience; more experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing the documentation of a complex weapons system including technology processes and projects.
- Experience coordinating documentation deliveries with Third-Party Hardware and Software Vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of configuration management activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Demonstrate previous success working in a team-based environment to meet objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with software development and processes using Agile methodology a plus
- Experience with the US Army Universal Ground Control Station (UGCS)
- Development of formal Acceptance Test Plans (ATPs)
- Experience in the development of proposals and capture management
- Report and/or technical writing skills
- Development Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.