The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an entry-level Security Specialist in Bridgewater, VA. This position is part of a multiple programs supporting QRC Airborne ISR Division. In this role, he/she must possess the confidence to make decisions and learn new tasks related to Defense Program Security and implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to customer and company information. He/she will also ensure aspects of the Leidos core capabilities are compliant.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean security reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain secure environment integrity
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled security reporting requirements
- Escort visitors as assigned
- Observe and report incidents captured via CCTV
- Ensure operation of all security equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Answer calls and investigate central service monitoring alerts
- Learn, verify and execute JPAS VAR’s and communicate with Leidos SCC
- Any other assigned tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent and less than 1 year of prior relevant experience.
- A reliable means of transportation and communication (i.e., phone or pager)
- Ability to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate with employees and customers
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Must be willing to work a rotational schedule.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.