Under limited supervision and usually acting independently, performs a wide variety of technical support activities by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing trace, body scanner, x-ray and CT based security systems at Dublin Airport. Typically handles complex products and/or problems, and may provide technical guidance to peers & Apprentices within the team. Helps develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential clients. Helps ensure unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security and detection products and related professional services. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works a rotating shift pattern (earlies and lates) to support the Checkpoint Trial at Dublin Airport.
- Provides Technical support at the weekends on a rolling rota. (operational hours only). Maybe required to attend site if technical support has been exhausted and machine remains out of service.
- Coordinates the planning and delivery of preventative maintenance (PM) services on various types of Checkpoint security search equipment at Dublin Airport.
- Coordinates and provides support to DAA by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of trace, body scanner, x-ray and CT based security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares and conducts formal and informal training courses for customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment. Provides on-site technical and operator training. Including coaching security staff on use of equipment during operations
- Prepares for and attends technical trial meetings with DAA and updates line manager on a weekly basis.
Maintain equipment logs and supply equipment performance reports to stakeholders both internal and external
JOB TITLE: CHECKPOINT TRIAL SERVICE ENGINEER – IRELAND
- Works with customer via phone or person to identify operational/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems by phone support, direct deployment or remote diagnostic SW. This will include Network/Server issues.
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorised modifications.
- Cultivates customer relationships to help determine requirements, needs, and perceptions.
- Attends OEM training on all job related products
- Completes CRM and submits all required admin to agreed deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of technical school in electrical/electronic engineering technology. Typically possesses two (2) to five (5) years experience in mechanical/electrical or electronic field service environment. Specific highly skilled knowledge of x-ray, CT technology is preferred but not essential for this role as OEM product related training will be delivered.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent customer interface, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Knowledge of complex digital and analog circuitry is required, Linux a plus. Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment preferred but not essential. A good working knowledge & understanding of Networks/Servers and experience in troubleshooting/diagnosing faults.
Team player with ability to prioritise and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight. Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously and independently. Must be available to work a rotating shift pattern.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.