The Security & Transportation Technology Business Unit has an opening for a Field Service Engineer II primarily covering customer locations throughout the Lubbock, TX area with travel to other sites domestically and internationally, as required. The candidate should be able to perform preventative & corrective maintenance on complex electrical & mechanical equipment including gamma-ray imaging systems, radiation portal monitors, and explosive detection systems.
Responsible for performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems under limited supervision. Conducts on-site installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order. Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action. Performs predetermined work assignments with instructions. Follows established guidelines, procedures and policies. Works on assignments are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Prepares daily logs and reports work performed. Candidates will be required to manage resources, maintain schedules, and coordinate all repair activities in priority sequence to ensure adherence to contractual requirements (SLAs). Customer environment and systems operate in a 24/7 environment and require immediate response times and driving long distances to sites.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree with 2+ years’ experience. High school diploma with additional related experience and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Have the ability to read, interpret, and redline technical drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Familiar with use of radioactive materials, use of O-Scopes, Radiation Survey Instruments, Digital Test Instruments, and troubleshooting experience also beneficial.
- This position will require direct customer interface and as such, demands a mature, dedicated individual with exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA safety requirements and must hold a current valid state Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass TSA suitability background check
- This job will involve up to 90% of travel and the candidate must be capable of obtaining a valid Passport.
- Must be physically able to lift, carry & transport heavy equipment greater than 50lbs, climb ladders and work at heights above 15’.
- Previous experience with computer tomography (CT) and other non-intrusive inspection equipment, PLC applications, hydraulic systems, and a mechanical background considered a plus, along with network media conversion and software interfacing.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.