The Civil Health Operation currently has an opening for a manager of a portfolio of projects to support large complex data systems for our customer, the Social Security Administration (SSA) under the ITSSC II vehicle.
The Software Engineering Manager (SEM) for the Division of Data Base Systems (DDBS) is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Task Order, including communications, administration, staffing/recruitment, budgeting, and reporting. In this role, you will be the Customers’ primary point of contact who acts as the communications consultant and manager of contracted services. The SEM will have current hands-on working knowledge of Db2, Oracle, MSSQL, PosgreSQL, and NoSQL database technologies, to include implementation experience within an Agile framework and will need to be able to lead technical best practices with both internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a background of successfully collaborating with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders for a federal agency.
You must be capable of building a collaborative and innovative culture in an effort to provide our customers with the best possible solutions that meet their strategic goals. In addition to the customer relationship, this position will be expected to collaborate closely with functional organizations (HR, contracts, Subcontracts, Finance, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and be accountable for meeting all work order/work activity (technical, schedule, cost, risk) goals and objectives. This position will report to the SSA Program Portfolio Manager.
- Deliver consistent task order performance in order to meet or exceed all contractual requirements
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with customers while developing a deep understanding of their priorities
- Identify innovative solutions designed to address the agency’s business needs
- Manage the growth, performance and professional development of staff
- Identify risks, resolve problems and verify effectiveness of corrective actions
- Manage subcontractor relationships and oversight in coordination with functional leaders
- Perform cost control, forecasting and financial management for the Task Order
The Software Engineering Manager position requires a Bachelor’s Degree plus 8 or more years of relevant experience. Applicant must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficiency with MS Office Productivity Tools.
Other key areas of skill, expertise and experience include:
- Experience within Public Health or Health IT domains
- Demonstrated experience leading Time and Materials based Federal Contracts with Revenues >$10M
- Demonstrated current working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases hosted both on-prem and in cloud environments; physical database architecture and design; performance tuning; disaster recovery; capacity management; and leveraging Ansible for automation.
- Experience formulating a technical strategy and roadmap
- Experience managing large teams of technical professionals
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willingness to complete within one year
- Agile Development Methodology working expertise
- Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI) working knowledge
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Hands on experience implementing and managing Risk and Opportunity Management
- Demonstrates integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Ability to collaborate with Program Management and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
- Knowledge of Federal industry/government best practices
- U.S. Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.